Week 2 Kade Campbell

Hello Everybody, this is the one and only Walter Elias Disney. I know you haven’t heard from me in a while but its okay I’m back, and I’m here to promote myself into the Smithsonian exhibit. I know this exhibit is only for the most elite people that have changed mass media in history, and I believe I should be on the first ballot but I’ll explain myself anyway. I am the co founder of The Walt Disney Company located in Burbank, California, we created the most recognizable animated character of the 20th century Mickey Mouse along with Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck.
Mickey Mouse launched my brother Roy and I career’s into the stars with an Academy Award but we didn’t stop there. Me the entrepreneur I am I wanted to do more for the animated industry. I wanted to make an animated full-length feature film in color. This was unheard of back in my day, everybody said I shouldn’t do it even my own brother Roy, so much for family support. He knew I was all for it so he was too and in 1937 I released Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. We later released Snow White in 1938 with Technicolor, which was the first movie in America to have that.
We didn’t stop there we released Pinocchio and Fantasia in 1940 but they didn’t meet the same commercial success as Snow White. Arguably both films are better than Snow White but wasn’t perceived to be by critics. World War II started up so I slowed down business for a few years. This didn’t slow me down, Ill tell you listeners that when goings get tough, the tough get going so we kept getting better and released Cinderella in 1950.
The rest is history on the film department, but me being Walt Disney I did not just want to limit myself to film I wanted to expand to real life. Kids all around the world love my movies, adults too, so I wanted them to be able to experience the magic of film in real life. So on Sunday, July 17th, 1955 we opened Disneyland. With expansion parks all over the world, the Disney brand has reached heights I never thought it would, it is truly magical. I believe I should be in this exhibit because off the 22 academy awards, 4 honorary awards, and 7 Emmys I have won but its not all about awards. I believe I should be in the exhibit because of all the joy I have brought to endless generation and continue to bring.